Attention Students of Life: How ’bout a brew with that lecture?
We’re excited to bring you Happy Dog University, a liberal-arts counterpart to The Happy Dog’s Life, the Universe & Hot Dogs series. Local profs giving cool talks on their expertise. In a bar.
All events are free and begin at 7:30p.m. at The Happy Dog, 5801 Detroit Ave, Cleveland, OH 44102, (216) 651-9474
Sponsored by Brokaw Advertising.
- January 14 at 7:30 pm: Greggor Mattson, Assistant Professor of Sociology, Oberlin College: “Why Are Cities Where They Are?”
- February 11 at 7:30 pm: Daniel Goldmark, Associate Professor of Music, Case Western Reserve University: “Rust Belt Alley – Pop Music in Cleveland Before Rock and Roll ”
- March 11 at 7:30 pm: Heather Galloway, Art Conservator, Intermuseum Conservation Association and Case Western Reserve University: “WPA and Public Art In Cleveland.”
- April 8 at 7:30 pm: Sebastiaan Faber, Professor of Hispanic Studies, Oberlin College, “War Photography and Truth.”
- May 13 at 7:30 pm: Wendy Hyman, Assistant Professor of English, Oberlin College, “Hamlet: World’s Longest Knock-Knock Joke.”
- June 10 at 7:30 pm: Brandy Shillace, Research Associate, Dittrick Museum of Medical History. Case Western Reserve University: “Marvels, Mavericks, and Medicine: Cleveland’s Remarkable Dittrick Museum .”
- July 8 at 7:30 pm: “Come to Cleveland: Seeing and Selling the City since 1933.” Mark Souther, Associate Professor of History, Director, Center for Public History + Digital Humanities, Cleveland State University.
- September 8 at 7:30 pm: “Gangsta Rap.” Michael Clune, Associate Professor of English, Case Western Reserve University.