What happened this week on the road to Cleveland?
- Where’s Donald? Trending topics on the official RNC website included “Hillary email scandal” and “George H.W. Bush socks,” but a certain presidential candidate was beyond hard to find. (Also: Is that online store for real? It appears so but … the socks? Seriously?)
- ESPN.com took a look at the strange mashup of Dan Gilbert, LeBron James, and Donald Trump to shake out just why, for the next six weeks, Cleveland will become “the center of the known universe.”
- The FBI warned Metro Parks to be on guard against illegal camping thanks to a shortage of hotels during the RNC.
- Supergroup Prophets of Rage promised to “cause a ruckus” in the streets of Cleveland, where they kick off their “Make America Rage Again” tour July 19.
- The Great Lakes Science Center and other institutions worried about just how much the convention would overshadow day-to-day business.
- City council members got briefed by the Secret Service and tried to figure out just how to control the messaging around the relative sizing of riot gear.
- And, at last, you could finally buy an official RNC hat.
Got RNC tips? Send them our way, to email@example.com.